Ed Krumins Award
The Ed Krumins Award is named in honour of Edgars Janis Marks Krumins (02/09/1949 – 23/09/1998) in recognition of his significant and lasting contribution to cytogenetics in Australia. The prize is valued up to $1,500 AUD and is to be used for continuing education.
To be eligible for the award candidates must:
- Be working or studying in the field of genetics
- Have less than 10 years experience in the field and cannot be a senior scientist
- Have performed a major component of the work presented
- Be a current member of both ASDG and the HGSA
- Have been a member of the ASDG for one year prior to application for the award
ASDG Poster Prize
The ASDG Poster Prize is open to all members of the ASDG presenting a poster at the interim meeting. The recipient of this award will receive registration and dinner at the next interim meeting.
Candidates for this award must have performed a major component of the work presented. Candidates will be expected to give a short 2-minute explanation of their poster and/or be available to answer any questions arising from it.